We purchased a King Size Serta BodyLogic mattress from The Brick at Richmond Hill, Ontario. A few months later we noticed the middle of the mattress was shrinking down but did not paid too much attention by assuming it is a "˜normal burn-in'. Presently the mattress is sagging severely and it have virtually became a large spoon, with the middle of the mattress is about 15 cm / 5 inches lower than the both sides. After years of use, we have developed backache, neck ache and waist pain with my wife is in so several condition and has to seek treatment.

Contacted Setra International and was told the retail store Brick is response for the warranty issue. After initial denial of warranty on the purchase, the Brick eventually agreed to send a tech service guy to do the check. He had no problem agreed the mattress is in bad shape. However it seems they are unwilling to do anything yet since the guy spotted two penny-sizes slightly yellow spot which only can be seen in bright light. He said they are not to do anything because of the spots!

I did a quick check on the internet and found I am not the only one bought the defective product and have problem got warranty they promised. Remember the same /similar product can be marketed in different name / brand /model.

Apparently this manufacture and retail store have been using deceptive practice to sell the known defective product and intentionally made it very hard to obtain warranty they promise after purchase.

As a result of this, I am logging complains against the manufacture and the retail to both government agencies as below:

Consumre product Safety Commission in the US:

National Capital Region Consumer Product Safety Office - Canada.

Please take actions and stop unsafe products to continue to harm more people!

Review about: Serta Mattress.

Had an Experience with Serta?

Comments