Serta - Pillowtop mattress has a 12 inch high lump.

208 of 232 Serta reviews

We purchased a queeen size Serta Mattress set from Mazer in Birmingham Alabama that is defective.I had it picked up and delivered to the house we are buying, but didn't actually see it for over a month so it couldn't be returned.

The pillowtop is totally flat on both sides and ends. The middle has a hump of at least 12 inches. We have tried everything to beat down the hump to no avail.

I have heard we are not the only one with this problem and I am trying to get some help from Serta but don't have anything yet.I can't afford to buy another one.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
208 of 232 Serta reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 23 #1176950

The mattress was deliverd like that?

JAX

Apr 16 #1145631

I suspect Serta got some poorly cast springs in a large batch of beds like this. Probably not intentional, but someone saved some money on manufacturing somewhere down the line. Our springs collapsed too. Sam's club eventually gave us a refund, but wouldn't do an exchange. We went several weeks without a bed over this, as we couldn't afford to just buy another at over $700. We're just switching to Simmons Beauty rest brand. A little more $$$, but hoping for the best.

Feb 16 #1112999

got the same problem and i am pissed

Apr 12 #1143580

I just had this problem and fixed it if you are still in need

moniks

Jul 03, 2013 #673686 Brooklyn, New York, United States

Help, I cannot sleep in my king size bed due to a huge lump.
What a waist. I moved the mattress and was surprised to see what
happened. After reading the various comments I will not be contacting Serta. What for.

NaeMom

Jul 28, 2012 #520751

We had this same problem after moving a pillow top. We managed to fix it by just cutting one hole is the side, middle of the mattress and pulling the lumps out.

2 0 Reply
Serta Screwed Us As Well

Feb 16, 2012 #431538

Won't buy Serta again. As soon as we brought the mattress home from the store, a huge bump appeared in the middle of the bed. Ruined it.

*** product.

We're about to buy another mattress and Serta is off the list.

Denise hilsee

Nov 16, 2011 #375332

I have a Serta mattress and I hate it!! The bump is in the middle of my bed and the warranty won't cover it because there is a stain at the very edge of the bed from my son. They say the stain caused it that's how they get out of the warranties such a piece of company I WILL NEVER buy a mattress from them again. If you have children that sleep in your bed and have this mattress they will tell you that your children should not sleep in your bed! The worst company ever!! 😡

Ga

Jun 01, 2011 #293260

We bought a king size mattress and it has done the same thing. What a waste. I guess I'm going to end up cutting a few slits in it to move this '***' on the inside...

Serta, you blow! :(

1 0 Reply
Serta Perfect Day King Size Pi

Nov 13, 2010 #210960

My mattress looked the same after moving it. What a waste of money, I bought a non-pillow top Kings Down Sleep to Live matress for half the prices and it is way better with a FULL 100% non- prorated warranty.

Wookiee

Aug 03, 2010 #171781

I didn't want to cut the slits, but I made 2 that I could reach in up to my armpit and rolled it out. still a slight bump on one side, so that's by our pillows now. I will test it out tonight. Thanks for the tip. I see sewing in my future...

ssukoff

Jul 03, 2010 #160605

This just happened to us after a move...it was unsleepable. Serta said it would take about 6 weeks to process a claim and if the claims person found it was shipped on its side then it wouldn't be replaced...so here is what i did...i made 3 hand size incisions around each edge of the pillow top and reached in and PULLED the lump to the corners to flatten it...problem solved...screw their "warranty"

katiepie

Apr 28, 2010 #138061

Looks just like mine

cowpoke@tds.net

Dec 09, 2009 #93282

I had the same thing happen when we moved ours downstairs. The mattress was 5 months old and we hate it. So we bought another and moved this one to the spare bedroom. Now we have the same issue as above. Serta claims you are to move the mattress flat, even though their literature says otherwise and hallways just aren't conducive to such horizontal carrying. How did you come out with the company, did Serta back it up or the local dealer?

wow

Oct 24, 2009 #81597

You sure thats not a body inside that thing?

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Serta. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Serta.
Filing a new complaint about
×