6.4K views

We purchased a queeen size Serta Mattress set from Mazer in Birmingham Alabama that is defective. I had it picked up and delivered to the house we are buying, but didn't actually see it for over a month so it couldn't be returned.

The pillowtop is totally flat on both sides and ends. The middle has a hump of at least 12 inches. We have tried everything to beat down the hump to no avail.

I have heard we are not the only one with this problem and I am trying to get some help from Serta but don't have anything yet. I can't afford to buy another one.

Review about: Serta Mattress.

Comments

I have the same issue with Serra right now. How can you fix this problem

We moved the mattress and it come out of the moving van with a huge 12 inch lump. Serta is VERY difficult to work with on a return of this defective mattress.

It was $800 and I only used it for a year. I'd say DO NO BUY Serta!!!

The mattress was deliverd like that?

ryanhmesnightmare.com

I suspect Serta got some poorly cast springs in a large batch of beds like this. Probably not intentional, but someone saved some money on manufacturing somewhere down the line.

Our springs collapsed too. Sam's club eventually gave us a refund, but wouldn't do an exchange. We went several weeks without a bed over this, as we couldn't afford to just buy another at over $700.

We're just switching to Simmons Beauty rest brand. A little more $$$, but hoping for the best.

got the same problem and i am pissed

to Anonymous #1143580

I just had this problem and fixed it if you are still in need

to Anonymous Roswell, Georgia, United States #1177502

May I ask how you fixed it?

to Anonymous Janesville, Wisconsin, United States #1273414

How?

to Anonymous Murphysboro, Illinois, United States #1278232

Please tell me what you did to fix this problem. OMG, what in the heck, I wish it were a bed full of money, but not with my luck, so will you please tell me what to do? There is no way possible you can sleep on this!

Thank you in advance!

Brooklyn, New York, United States #673686

Help, I cannot sleep in my king size bed due to a huge lump.

What a waist. I moved the mattress and was surprised to see what

happened.

After reading the various comments I will not be contacting Serta. What for.

#520751

We had this same problem after moving a pillow top. We managed to fix it by just cutting one hole is the side, middle of the mattress and pulling the lumps out.

Won't buy Serta again. As soon as we brought the mattress home from the store, a huge bump appeared in the middle of the bed. Ruined it.

*** product.

We're about to buy another mattress and Serta is off the list.

I have a Serta mattress and I hate it!! The bump is in the middle of my bed and the warranty won't cover it because there is a stain at the very edge of the bed from my son.

They say the stain caused it that's how they get out of the warranties such a piece of company I WILL NEVER buy a mattress from them again. If you have children that sleep in your bed and have this mattress they will tell you that your children should not sleep in your bed!

The worst company ever!! 😡

We bought a king size mattress and it has done the same thing. What a waste.

I guess I'm going to end up cutting a few slits in it to move this '***' on the inside...

Serta, you blow! :(

My mattress looked the same after moving it. What a waste of money, I bought a non-pillow top Kings Down Sleep to Live matress for half the prices and it is way better with a FULL 100% non- prorated warranty.

I didn't want to cut the slits, but I made 2 that I could reach in up to my armpit and rolled it out. still a slight bump on one side, so that's by our pillows now.

I will test it out tonight.

Thanks for the tip. I see sewing in my future...

This just happened to us after a move...it was unsleepable. Serta said it would take about 6 weeks to process a claim and if the claims person found it was shipped on its side then it wouldn't be replaced...so here is what i did...i made 3 hand size incisions around each edge of the pillow top and reached in and PULLED the lump to the corners to flatten it...problem solved...screw their "warranty"

Looks just like mine

I had the same thing happen when we moved ours downstairs. The mattress was 5 months old and we hate it.

So we bought another and moved this one to the spare bedroom. Now we have the same issue as above.

Serta claims you are to move the mattress flat, even though their literature says otherwise and hallways just aren't conducive to such horizontal carrying. How did you come out with the company, did Serta back it up or the local dealer?

You sure thats not a body inside that thing?