Oswego County, New York
2.1K views
Featured Not resolved

We bought Serta Icomfort King Mattress in Oct.2013 it came with 25 year warranty but warranty would be voided if you didn't purchase a $90 mattress pad cover. We bought this!

had the cover on all the time over a 6 month period the mattress starting sinking and sunk more than 1 1/4 inches. I had inspector from store we bought it at come out he noticed a small stain on mattress said warranty for mattress is voided now because of this! So I had to fall back on the warranty of mattress protector. Several steps in getting this done included sending the cover back to manufacture, copies of receipts, date of incident, etc.

So there is small tear/rip in cover where apparently coffee spilled through and I didn't notice. Now the warranty of the mattress protector has been denied because they asked me when the stain happened and I didn't know guessed a date and it was not within the 5 day window that they have to report a claim!

My problem is what the *** does small stain not anywhere near the sinking of mattress have to do with the quality of the mattress..We are now out $2500 for mattress because no one is covering warranty. So now we are out $2500 for a mattress that we can't sleep on!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of awful customer service sagging mattress. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss warranty issue of serta mattress and associated monetary loss in the amount of $2500. Serta needs to "new mattress" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned serta mattress in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Serta.

Comments

I purchased the Serta I Comfort twin king for my wife and I. Total cost of over $3000 and two years later you can’t sleep on it.

It sags 5-6 inches when you lay on it. When you turn over it feels like you are rolling down a hill. The foam does bounce back up but holds no weight when you lay on it. Since it doesn’t sag where you can see it with no one on it, it isn’t covered by their ineffective warranty.

I purchased a Ebay mattress for the adjustable bed at the retirement property and actually use it 3 times more than my home and it is holding up just fine. It is over 4 years old and cost less than $300 for the king set.

Wonder why anyone would pay over $3000 for an inferior product. Don’t recommend a Serta purchase as you are only paying for a name and not a quality product!

I bought this bed after I gave birth, now my daughter is 6 months old, I notice mattress wear is pretty bad for the price this bed runs for. Where I lay is sinking in badly. I wished the bed would keep it shaped longer