I found a Serta mattress at a hotel that I really enjoyed. The hotel even had an advertisement that you could buy this mattress from Serta directly, for around $900. When I called Serta, the sales representative told me NUMEROUS TIMES that the queen mattress was $500-$550. Sounded like a great deal, so we went ahead and completed the purchase process (about 45 minutes). Alas, my mattress search was over - so I thought.

Later that night, I noticed that Serta had charged my credit card $2,000 to hold the mattress order. So I called back to see why this was not mentioned to me before. I was put in-touch with a new sales representative who said, "sorry, the last girl quoted you wrong, it is like $1,200". I was able to speak to the original sales rep, who greatly apologized and promised to have her supervisor call me first thing Monday morning, but said it would not be more than $1,200 and she was sure they could do something to fix the mistake...

Monday morning - no call. Monday afternoon - no call. Check my credit card, they processed the mattress order for $1,600! I call Serta, I reach a sales rep who says she sees in her file the supervisor is still reviewing it, and that her supervisor approved and processed the order for $1,600. I said this was unacceptable and asked for the supervisor to please call me.

Worst experience of all - the call from the supervisor. Instead of the supervisor telling me what they can do to honor the incompetence of their employees and utter waste of 3 hours of my time, she says "well, what do you want out of this?" - Umm, I want the mattress at a price somewhat close to what i was quoted! I said I would be happy to meet in the middle, maybe around $800 or $900, and she said "Oh, that cant be done, we can authorize $200" - $200?!?! this puts the price still above the higher quote received on Saturday night?!?! I told them I was going to be buying 3 mattresses within a year, and they could either try to honor their own quote to me, and sell 3 mattresses in total, or cost Serta the sale of 3 mattresses. I will now forever not buy Serta, and also advise friends and family to stay away as well.

Very disappointing customer service, the sales reps seemed to have better morals than the supervisor when it came time to own-up to a mistake.

Product or Service Mentioned: Serta Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Not happy at all with serta, Bad customer service.

• Misquote
  • Just Lost 3 Mattress Sales
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 31, 2016.

Comments